8. December 2009 07:41
I recently made the jump from Vista to Windows 7. As far as the interface goes, I don't see much difference, but I do like some of the new features of Windows 7. I thought I would try out the Windows 7 XP Mode for an old game I could not get to work in regular 7 mode. I fired up XP Mode and tried to install the game and received this error while running Windows 7 XP Mode:
"Program too big to fit in memory"
I found a pretty quick fix. All I had to do was:
- Create an ISO of the game.
- Open Virtual Machines
- Right click the Windows XP Mode machine
- Click "Settings"
- Click "DVD Drive" in the left hand column
- In the right column click the radio button "Open an ISO Image"
- Browse to the ISO
- Click OK
- Launch XP mode virtual machine
- Open the "DVD Drive" from step 5 in My Computer
- Launch the installation of the CD using Run or Setup etc.
Pretty quick fix and the game installed very nicely.